Roll-on roll-off (RORO) is a term used for cargo which is driven on and off the ship. RORO cargo consists of items such as cars, buses, trucks, and tractors, or oversized cargo loaded on special flatbeds, mafi or lowboy trailers.
Advantages of Using RORO –
- Shipments that are naturally on wheels, such as cars, buses, trucks, etc. are simply driven on and off the vessel.
- Shipments other than those on wheels are often moved as one piece using specialized trailers.
- There is no need for costly dismantling and reassembly of cargo and less physical handling.
- The cargo is secured inside the vessel’s garage decks for the entire voyage with no exposure to the elements.
- The safest and most economical method to handle and transport oversized or special project cargo.
RORO Equipment –
- Flatbed Trailers: 42 foot and 48-to-80 foot extendible trailers
- Roll Trailer Mafis: 20-to-63 foot
|Freightworks I Overview|
|Import & Export|